Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Promises Can Be Kept

So have you ever allowed the smallest and most ridiculous lies control your thoughts, your emotions, and your life?? Gosh, I sure have. I allowed the enemy’s lies to control my life for so many years. You ask, “you still do even though you seem to have it all together?” Yep, I still struggle with believing those things. Praise God, I am able to seek and find promises that can and will always be kept. These promises are not just kept by a man, but by a Father who loves me.

Sure, I could be stereotyped as your typical female who has her insecurities and her struggles from her past that will somehow always surface in the most unwanted times. I struggle with my weight, my body type, not being pretty enough, being too shy, feeling hidden, second best, fearing being unwanted or never loved for me and who I really am, and the list could go on… I am constantly overwhelmed by the things of my past; of always wanting to be noticed, always finding my identity in the people I surround myself with, and of course the guys or boyfriends I was with. I was Julia Roberts in the movie Runaway Bride…whatever eggs the guy she was with liked, she would follow suit and like the same kind. Yes, something as simple and dumb as that, I did the same types of things to hide behind so no one could see the real, imperfect me…the Macie I didn’t like. But, through all this healing process and this new journey of growing with my Heavenly Father and finding my identity in Him, I came across the scripture, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

This was my slap to the face! Not only will God be glorified by what I may see as my imperfections and by my little past, but to know that He has called me to Out of these Ashes despite all those things, is absolutely humbling. He has chosen me, little ol’ Macie to spread His word in a mighty way! He has called me to something much greater than myself, which He could only do through me. Maybe God’s purpose and His plan was to allow me to go through certain things and have these struggles so that I can relate to these women and children who are rescued from the sex trafficking industry. Ha yeah, I’ve definitely never been through something like they’ve endured, but because of what they have been through, they will have their insecurities and struggles themselves.

I pray in the name of Jesus over this ministry now, that the women and children I come into contact with, will be able to hear this promise and they will be able to say with complete confidence that their Heavenly Father will use them in a mighty way as well, despite the ugliness they’ve endured; that “for freedom, Christ has set them free; standing firm, and not submitting to the yoke of slavery again” as it says in Galatians 5:1. I pray that they will see that out of their ashes, their beauty will rise! Their God will be glorified! I pray these things with the confidence and assurance that they will one day come to know the love of Jesus Christ as I have. It’s a love and a promise that will never let them down!!

I thank God for the opportunities He is placing before me and for the heart and love of these women and Children! They will know Him and be used to further His Kingdom!! Glory to God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment